I am typically not a makeup person (a.k.a. I’m way too lazy to spend time trying to hide my blemishes. I just leave looking pretty to my clothes). But on days when I do wear makeup, I have one routine which I go through every time with my favorite products (seen above):
- Clinique’s Dramatically Different Moisturzing Lotion: Only $24 at Macy’s. It’s always important to start off the day with moisturzed skin before applying foundation or anything else. This not only gives you a fresh look, it keeps your skin healthy (believe me, you’ll thank me when you’re in your fifty-four).
- MAC Mineralize Satinfinish SPF 15 Foundation: $30 at Macy’s. Both my mom and I adore MAC. Their products have such nice quality. (Kudos to my mom for getting me hooked on its foundation). This foundation not only conceals blemishes and gives your skin an almost flawless tone, it has SPF! Yippee!
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Blush: $22. I actually got my Bobbi Brown blush during the Grand Opening of a Neiman Marcus store about a 10 minutes drive away from where I live. The best thing about this blush is its shimmer. I’m all for younger and natural-looking skin, so the shimmer really takes away the “solid color” of the blush and makes it blend in with your skin. Plus, if you choose a lighter shade of pink, it will truly make your cheeks look very naturally rosy (unlike those older women we see on the bus who look like they poured red blush powder on their cheeks).
- Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler: $19. If you don’t have this yet, go and get one right now! It’s only $19 anyways. This is by far the best eyelash curler I have ever tried. It make my eyelashes curl just as I want them to.
- Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara: $19. Mascara is a really wide-ranging field. Everybody sells mascara and every single tube of mascara has its pros and cons. I just happen to be in my Benefit mascara phase right now, but that is likely to change before spring. The thing I like most about the Benefit Lash Mascara is its huge brush. I never really liked small mascara brushes…
- Smashbox O-Gloss Lip Gloss: $50. The priciest yet smallest item in my daily routine list. I actually got this from an aunt in Taiwan who works at Sogo’s (Taiwan’s most famous department store). I love O-gloss because it doesn’t have a color: it changes color according to the temperature of your lips. Isn’t that amazingly cool?
What’s your daily makeup routine? Any suggestions in addition to what I do so far?